Once the heat of summer begins to fade into the crisp autumn I switch gears and begin selling bread weekly to my Bread Shares Members.
What are Bread Shares?
Similar to the idea of a CSA, members are offered bread on a subscription basis. Each month a member buys a share which is good for one loaf of bread for each week of the month. That is four loaves a month. I also offer half shares for two loaves a month.
Each week members are sent an email which lists all of the offerings available that week.
Offerings always include my hand-mixed, organic, sourdough bread: Rustic, White, Whole Wheat and a specialty loaf.
Members select which loaf they would like that week and then I bake it fresh each Friday and deliver it, or it can be picked up on my porch. Simple!
Each Friday I email members when the bread is ready and they come snag their warm loaves (or pick them up on their doorstep). Each week I often have take-n-bake pizza crusts, hand-rolled sourdough bagels, and extra loaves available for $5 each! It’s a heck of a deal folks, and only available to members.
So how do I become a member?
To become a member, you must purchase the new member fee. This is a one-time, non refundable fee of $10 and is good for LIFE! That means if you do Shares next season you do not have to buy in again. Next, you purchase your monthly share and you are on your way to a month full of warm, fresh bread!
2019-2020 Winter Bread Shares
About the Bread
All of my breads are naturally leavened (sourdough). This process is longer and more time consuming but is well worth it because you get a product that is more flavorful and better for you. Using sourdough allows certain enzymes and phytic acid to be broken down and your body properly digests and access more of the beneficial nutrients.
I order my flour bulk from the fine folks at Mr. D’s so you can feel confident that some of the money you’re spending is staying in our community. I use organic seasonal ingredients whenever possible and craft my bread with the utmost love. I built a micro-bakery in my home and use a European stone oven to bake my bread for an authentic, rustic, flavor.
Become a member
A non-refundable $10 deposit secures your place on the Bread Share. If you have participated in my Share program previously the fee does not apply.
At the start of each month, you can go to http://www.mamabakesbread.com/ where you can purchase the share. The cost will be $28. Delivery within 3 miles of Lander City Limits is optional for $2.00/month.
Choose your bread - Every week I will have the following bread available to choose from:
Whole Wheat Sourdough
Specialty Bread of the Week (Potato-Herb, Cranberry-Walnut, Kalamata, etc)
Baking Schedule- All dates are subject to change or cancellation- You will be compensated appropriately in such cases. Most Baking days are Friday, except for some holidays that are marked with an asterisk.
October 4, 11, 18, 25
November 1, 8, 15, 27*
December 6, 13, 20, 27
January 3, 10, 17, 31
February 7, 14, 21, 28
March 6, 13, 20, 27
April 3, 10, 17 (Only 3 baking days in April, cost will be $21)
May 8, 15, 22, 29
· You must pay for the month in advance via mamabakesbread.com or by check/cash. Please submit payment by the first Wednesday of the Month.
· Each week an order form will be sent via email on Monday and orders will need to be placed (reply to email) by Wednesday at noon for a Friday evening delivery/pickup.
· Bread can be delivered within 3 miles of Lander, or you may pick it up on my front porch at 531 Shoshone St. PLEASE NOTE: I cannot guarantee delivery in poor weather as I do not have a four-wheel drive vehicle.
· Bread will be left in a specified location. You are responsible for your bread once it has been delivered.
· If you choose to pick up your bread, please let me know if you cannot get it on Friday. The deer have learned that my porch is a tasty place. I am not responsible for forgotten bread.
· You are not obligated to participate every month, but I hope you will!
· Half shares are available – two weeks of the month instead of four.
· If you would like to pay for the entire share in advance ($217 for pickup and $233 with delivery), you will receive a complimentary Mama Bakes Bread tote bag.
· Bread with Benefits!!! You get to add-a-loaf to your order any week that you are on shares for $5! That’s any regular or specialty loaf, bagels, buns or any other thing I may be making that week.